In 2015 Smogathon started as a 24 hours hackathon. Teams worked on their ideas from scratch and the winning projects were:
- Smog Mapper – a system of distributed sensors with an online map showing where the air pollution happens live.
- Eco filters for Lesser Poland – Use of eco filters in a pilot project in the gmina of Skawina (Poland).
- Dratewka – a website that communicates with citizens in a friendly way to persuade them to fight smog.
- Catch the Smog – a mobile app for social monitoring, reporting fuming chimneys to appropriate authorities.
- Hacker Mask – a program for generating perfectly fitting DIY anti-smog mask for pennies.