Competition – Smogathon 2018 competition;
The Flying Mind Foundation – The Flying Mind Foundation, address ul. Jana III Sobieskiego 100A /17 00-764 Warszaw, nr NIP 6762455794, nr KRS 0000419398, email address: email@example.com
User - every person using the Website;
Website – a website available at URL address www.smogathon.com.
The Flying Mind Foundation respects personal data of the Users and fulfills conditions deriving from the Law, especially from the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation).
The Flying Mind Foundation ensures that its workers and subcontractors were given training in protection of personal data.
For what purpose does The Flying Mind Foundation process personal data?
Personal data provided within the Website and during contacts with the Flying Mind Foundation are used only to application process to the Competition and participation in the Competition, as well as to contact with the Flying Mind Foundation at the request of the User.
What personal data does The Flying Mind Foundation collect?
- To complete an application form:
- name and surname;
- an email address;
- telephone number;
- other personal data mentioned by the User;
- Data provided during contacts with the Flying Mind Foundation (most often first and last name, e-mail address, telephone number);
- Personal data necessary for organizing travels for the participants of the Competition.
Who has access to the personal data of the User?
The controller of personal data provided during application process, sending inquiries about the Competition and to contact the Flying Mind Foundation is:
The Flying Mind Foundation
Jana III Sobieskiego 100A /17
nr NIP 6762455794
nr KRS 0000419398
address email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The rights of the User
The User has the right to request from the controller access to personal data concerning him or her and to obtain information about the purposes of its processing, categories of data processed, recipients of data, storage period of data (if it is impossible to indicate the period, the User has the right to information about the criteria used to determine this period).
The user has also the right to rectify personal data if they are incorrect and the right to request supplementing incomplete personal data.
The User has the right to request the erasure of personal data without undue delay if:
- the personal data are no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed;
- a consent to the processing of personal data has been effectively withdrawn;
- the User objects to the processing of personal data for marketing purposes;
- the User objects to the processing (also by profiling) of personal data, based on the legally legitimate interest pursued by The Flying Mind Foundation or by the third party, unless there are valid, legally justified grounds for processing of the User's personal data that override the interests, rights and freedoms of the User, or there are grounds for establishing, investigating or defending claims.
The User has the right to request restriction of processing of personal data when:
- the User contests the accuracy of the personal data - for a period enabling the controller to verify the accuracy of the personal data;
- the processing is, according to the User, unlawful and the User opposes the erasure of the personal data and requests the restriction of their use instead;
- the controller no longer needs the personal data for the purposes of the processing, but they are required by the User for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims;
- the User has objected to processing (pursuant to Article 21 paragraph 1) pending the verification whether the legitimate grounds of the controller override those of the User.
If the User requests restriction of processing of personal data, the Flying Mind Foundation will refrain from processing them without the consent of the User, except for storing them or processing them in order to establish, exercise or defend claims, protect the rights of another natural or legal person, or due to important reasons of public interest of the Union or a Member State. The User will be informed about this before the restriction of processing is lifted.
The User has the right to object in case of processing of the personal data for the purposes of direct marketing, including profiling, to the extent that it is related to such direct marketing. After submitting the objection, the Flying Mind Foundation will refrain from processing the personal data of the User for direct marketing purposes (including profiling). The User has the right to submit objections by automated means using technical specifications.
The User has the right to receive in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, the personal data that the User has provided to the Flying Mind Foundation, as well as the right to transfer his or her personal data to another controller without interference on the Flying Mind Foundation's part, if:
- processing takes place on the basis of the User’s consent or a contract, which performance needs processing of data; and
- the processing is carried out by automated means.
The Flying Mind Foundation is obliged to send the User's data directly to another controller (if it is technically possible) at the User's request.
The user has the right to withdraw the consent to the processing of personal data at any time, but the withdrawal does not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
With regard to the processing of the personal data, the User has the right to lodge a complaint to the President of the office for the protection of personal data.
How long are the personal data stored?
The Flying Mind Foundation stores personal data from the moment when the User successfully submits the application form or receives an inquiry from the User.
After sending an e-mail requesting the permanent removal of personal data from servers belonging to the Flying Mind Foundation may last up to 7 business days.
Exceeding the time limit indicated in the previous sentence is permitted only for the purpose of the Flying Mind Foundation 's performance of obligations arising from the law, e.g. for accounting purposes in relation to some plane and train tickets, which are accounting documents.
Who does the Flying Mind Foundation transfer personal data to?
The Flying Mind Foundation transfers the personal data of the Users only to companies which provide Services that enable proper operation of the Website:
- Gmail, G-suit, Google Analytics, Google LLC, 1600 Amphitheatre, Parkway Mountain View, CA 94043 USA
In addition, the following programs are used within the Website:
- Facebook, Inc. 1 Hacker Way (9,606.83 km), 94025 Menlo Park, California, USA collects data such as app name, app version, the device opt-out setting, the user agent string and the client IP address. It also collects the following device related metrics: time zone, device OS, device model, carrier, screen size, processor cores, total disk space, remaining disk space, used to monitor conversions and custom audiences from the website and from the mobile application;
Cookies and server logs
In order to facilitate the use of the Website and to monitor its use, the management mechanism uses a technology called Cookies – data saved by the Website’s server, a hosting operator OVH Sp. z o.o., nr KRS: 0000220286, nr NIP: 899-25-20-556, ul. Szkocka 5 lok. 1, 54-402 Wroclaw on the user's computer or mobile device.
The Website uses three types of Cookies:
- Session cookies – temporary files, saved on the User’s device until he or she signs out, leaves the website or shut downs the browser;
- Permanent cookies – saved on the User’s device for the time specified in its parameters or until its deletion by the User;
- Local storage- stored on the User's device for a definite or indefinite period or until its deletion by the User.
The Cookies are not used to collect any personal data about the users visiting the Website.
The User may at any time disable the option of accepting cookies in the settings of his web browser, however, that might cause malfunctions in the functioning of the Website.
The links to guides concerning disabling the option of accepting cookies in the most popular browsers are presented below:
- Microsoft Edge
The cookies are used in order to:
- create statistics helping to understand the use of the Website so as to improve its content;
- maintain the User’s session, thanks to which signing in every time is not required;
- personalize the commercials;
- generate statistics that help in administering the Website and improve the quality.
These summaries are consolidated and do not contain data identifying visitors of the Website. These data are not disclosed to other persons and entities.
Collected server logs, containing, among others the User's IP address, time of arrival of the request, the first line of the http request, the http response code, number of bytes sent by the server, information about the user's browser, information about errors that occurred during the HTTP transaction, information about the type of devices are stored indefinitely.